ginamari9

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Well, it's the end of the year... I'm about to graduate -- after 7 years of going to school and working the whole time... I can honestly say that I am extremely glad to be done with school - at least for a while. I love school and class and learning and listening to different viewpoints, but I am so ready to have my own time and pursue what I want and learn everything I'm interested in. Getting a degree involves taking classes you may not have been interested in - just so you get a taste of different ways of thinking - and that's good. This has been one of those classes for me. My major is photojournalism -- I wasn't really interested in journalism as a major -- I'm more of an art girl, and I love photography -- I thought a journalism degree would help me land more jobs, so I went with photo J. This class has probably been one of the most helpful classes I've taken - ethics is important in any field whether it's journalism or not. I've enjoyed listening to our class discussions (and sometimes arguments), but most of all, I've enjoyed Jacqui's enthusiasm and passion for the subject. I'll remember it, and what I've learned in this class is something I will use for the rest of my life. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger jacqueline said...

Gina,

Good postings from the beginning on utilitarianism through the saving truth of cosmopolitanism, especially your critique of Skilling/Enron--it was good hear that he went to prison this week, for a very long time. Glad you took the course, and thanks for putting up with us PR types. Best,

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home