ginamari9

Monday, December 04, 2006

The view that all human beings belong to a single community that should be cultivated is cosmopolitanism. We are a part of the same community in a global sense... Although each person in each area of the world is different, we all share the same similarities. In class, we were asked to interview another classmate. The guy I interviewed couldn't have been more different than me, but our differences mirrored each other, and the fact that we were so different is what made us a bit similiar. The categories of our differences are what we identified with. I come from a large family of 10 children - he comes from a small family of 3. He is the youngest - I am the oldest. Although these are opposite, we still identified because his uncle has a large family, and my uncle has a small family. We talked about the differences of our roles in the family (oldest vs youngest) and how that has shaped us. He comes from a pretty wealthy family, whereas my family struggled... He is 20 and speeding through school, and I am 25 and have been forced to take my time. He's never had a girlfriend... I've been married for 7 years and just got divorced. He's from Texas; I'm from Florida. He's never been out of the United States -- I've lived a lot of places overseas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home