ginamari9

Monday, December 04, 2006

Saving truth...
What is saving truth? Why do people believe that there truly is a saving truth for anything?
People fight and die for their saving truth. Religions claim to have a saving truth. Non-religious claim to say there is no saving truth - or that it is impossible to know the saving truth.
Jacquie said her saving truth is " only this: that money should never be the reason that we make important decisions, and that accepting money despite conflict of interest is a hypocritical and self-interested choice." I whole-heartedly agree. I think my saving truth -- for my whole life -- and not just ethical decision making for my job is a little more broad. My saving truth for ethical decision making in general is that decisions should not be made for selfish reasons that negatively effect other people - whether money is involved or not. This covers a lot of area. Where a husband or wife are concerned... a spouse should not cheat on the other because it negatively effects the innocent spouse. Students should not cheat on school work because it negatively effects other students who spent time studying. Lying, stealing, etc are all good examples... but saving truth can mean something more. Saving truth is the one truth out there that is the complete set of honest rules to live by. I believe there is an ultimate truth, but cultures and all different people live by different rules, morals and values -- all of their truths differ and sometimes clash. Why do I think my saving truth is the best? I have not been in the mind of another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home